If you wish to specify Custom limits per account, either because you wish to exceed the FDIC limit, because you already have a CD or other account at one of these institutions and desire Max to keep a smaller amount in each account, or because you have a trust or Payable On Death (POD) account with multiple beneficiaries, you can set your own balance limits on an account-by-account basis:
1. Navigate to "Profile" > "Account Settings"
2. Select “Custom” FDIC Coverage
3. Click on the gear icon next to any of your savings accounts
4. Set your desired maximum target balance
5. Click to save your changes